Last updated: August 5, 2023
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the “Definitions” section below. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Business, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers’ personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers’ personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers’ personal information, that does business in the State of California.
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to LA Wellness Home, Inc., 2428 N Lincoln St., Burbank, CA.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: California, United States.
Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by US regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
For the purposes of the CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer’s Personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
Third-Party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to LA Wellness Home, accessible from lawellnesshome.com You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
You have the right to:
– Inspect or receive a paper or electronic copy of your medical record and other health information by requesting it in writing. Your request will be fulfilled within 30 days.
– Ask to change any wrong information in your file or add information to your file, if you think something is missing or incomplete. If we both agree that your file has the wrong information, LA Wellness Home will correct it. If LA Wellness Home disagrees on the validity of the information, we will still notate your concern in your file. Your request will be processed within 60 days and a written confirmation or explanation will be sent.
– Request that your health information not be shared with certain people, groups, or companies, however, we do not always have to comply with your request, particularly if it could affect your care.
– Receive communications in an alternative manner or location other than home. LA Wellness Home will satisfy reasonable requests.
– Assign a personal representative by giving them a health care power of attorney who may act on your behalf and make health care decisions for you.
– Request an accounting of certain disclosures of your protected health information made during the six (6) years prior to the request.
LA Wellness Home:
– Is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information.
– Reserves the right to change the privacy practices described in this Notice at any time. Revised notices will be posted on our premises, on our websites, and available upon request.
– In the event of any breach of privacy regarding your protected health information, will immediately notify you.
– Will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this notice. You may cancel the authorization at any time by notifying us in writing.
– Is required abide by the terms of the Notice of Privacy Practices currently in effect
– May disclose your health information to law enforcement in case you are a threat to yourself or others
– May disclose your health information to health and medical professional or entities in case you fall ill and such information may help save your life
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
● Email address
● Phone number
● First name and last name
● Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
● Insurance provider
● Insurance provider phone
● Insurance ID number
● Group ID number
● Your date of birth
● Information listed here: https://lawellnesshome.com/insurance/
● Other Information You provide to us, including through emails and other communications, surveys, information, or content transmitted through Your interactions with the Company and its personnel.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
Purpose: These Cookies track your browsing habits to enable Us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to You. These Cookies use information about your browsing history to group You with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with Our permission, third party advertisers can place Cookies to enable them to show adverts which We think will be relevant to your interests while You are on third party websites.
See our Cookies Policy for more details here:
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
● To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
● To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
● For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
● To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
● To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
● To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. We may share your personal information in the following situations:
● With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited our Service, for payment processing, to contact You.
● For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
● With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
● With Business advisors: We share Your personal information with Our vendors and other advisors such as law firms and auditors, who perform services or functions on Our behalf, such as vendors who assist Company in maintaining the Service, sending postal mail and email, managing and updating member lists and records, analyzing data, and facilitating customer service. In accordance with applicable law, We have entered into appropriate written agreements with Our vendors and We do not authorize Our vendors to retain, use or disclose the information for any purpose other than the specific purpose of performing services on Our behalf or complying with legal requirements.
However, in certain instances vendors may use aggregated, de-identified information for their reasonable business purposes such as improving their products or services or for statistical reporting.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
● Comply with a legal obligation
● Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
● Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
● Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
● Protect against liability
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. These networks track Your online activities over time and across multiple websites by collecting information through automated means, including, without limitation, through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The information Our ad networks may collect on Our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve Company advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements You view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Service and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps Us track the effectiveness of Our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
In the European Union, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow
these instructions from Facebook
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Instagram by visiting this page:
If You see an ad You don’t like on Instagram, there are a few things you can do to remove the ad from your feed or stories. Learn more visiting this page.
You can learn more about Yelp by visiting this page:
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
If You are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and have expressed interested in one of our Service, the following additional information (the “GDPR Notice”) applies with respect to Your personal data, which for purpose of this GDPR Notice, means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person and our privacy practices.
If you have questions about how Company handles your Personal Data or would like to exercise any of Your rights described in this GDPR Notice, please reach out to Us in writing by contacting Us at [email protected] with the subject line: GDPR Data Rights, or by sending Your request to our mailing address at 2428 N Lincoln St, Burbank, CA 91504. We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
● Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
● Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations
● Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
● Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
● Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
● Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company. In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
● Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, You can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
● Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
● Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
● Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
● Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
● Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try Our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Beginning January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights and choices regarding Our use and disclosure of Your personal information, as described below.
● The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
● The right to access / the right to request. You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that We disclose to you the personal information We have collected, used, disclosed and sold about You during the past 12 months.
● The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell Your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
● The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
● The categories of Personal Data collected
● The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
● The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
● Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
● The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
● The right to delete Personal Data. You have the right to request that We delete certain personal information We have collected from You, subject to certain exceptions provided under CCPA, such as where the information is necessary for Us to complete Your transaction or perform a contract between You and Us.
● The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your Consumer’s rights, including by:
● Denying goods or services to You
● Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
● Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
● Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Company does not sell your personal information for monetary compensation. We may allow certain third parties such as advertising partners to collect Your personal information via automated technologies like “cookies” and “web beacons” on our Service or share Your personal information with certain affiliated companies or promotional partners, in exchange for non-monetary consideration such as an enhanced ability to serve You content and advertisements that may be of interest to You. These disclosures may be considered a “sale” under California law. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, as set forth below.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, You can email Us at [email protected] or visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section web page lawellnesshome.com. You may submit Your request through an authorized agent; however, if You designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on Your behalf, We will require You and/or the authorized agent to provide to Us written proof of their authorization to act on Your behalf.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within forty-five (45) days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional forty-five (45) days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the Service that “sells” personal information as defined by the CCPA law.
If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser You use. You may need to opt out on every browser that You use.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized and served by Our Service Providers by following Our instructions presented on the Service:
● From Our “Cookie Consent” notice banner
The opt out will place a cookie on Your computer that is unique to the browser You use to opt out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by Your browser, You will need to opt out again.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
● “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
● “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Certain web browsers allow You to instruct Your browser to send Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites You visit, informing those sites that You do not want Your online activities to be tracked. At this time, Our Service is not designed to respond to DNT signals or similar mechanisms from browsers. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org
You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your web browser.
(California’s Shine the Light law)
You also have a right to request that We provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information We have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
You may make one request per calendar year, and the information may be provided in a standardized format which is not specific to You individually. In Your request, please attest to the fact that You are a California resident and provide a current California address for Your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting Us at:
[email protected] with the subject line: California Privacy Rights. Please allow up to forty-five (45) days for a response.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a member of Our Service with a digital account, You may request and obtain removal of content or information You have publicly posted on the Service. To make this request, please email Us at [email protected] and include a detailed description of the specific content or information You would like to remove. Please note that this removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Service by You as there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NATURE AND CONTENTS OF AND FOR THE PRACTICES OF, OR THE COLLECTION, USE OR SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY, ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES OR CONNECTED ACCOUNTS.
Our Website and any other websites, mobile apps or online services or platforms of the Company are not intended for or directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
● By email: [email protected]
● By phone number: (747) 333-0046
● By sending post mail: 2428 N Lincoln St, Burbank, CA 91504