Whether you’re struggling with marijuana use or other substances, detoxification is always the first step of treatment. During this phase, specialists will help cleanse your body of the substance. Its main purpose is to help you quit marijuana while safely managing withdrawal symptoms, cravings, and the psychological impact it brings.
In this post, our team will guide you through our detox methods as part of your road to recovery. Read on to see how our process can help you.
What is Marijuana Detox?
Marijuana detox, also known as cannabis detoxification, is our first phase of treating addiction. In this process, we help you eliminate the drug from your system, either through an inpatient or outpatient program.
So why is a detox necessary? Well, when you use marijuana, its active compound called THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is quickly absorbed into your bloodstream. It will also be distributed throughout your body.
But as much as the effects of marijuana will wear off pretty soon, this THC compound will accumulate on your fat cells. Over time, it will cause toxin buildup, which will negatively impact your physical and mental health.
Specifically, when you smoke marijuana regularly, your brain starts to rely on it to make ‘dopamine’ or the so-called ‘happy hormones’. And in prolonged periods, your brain will stop making this hormone naturally, which leads to addiction.
To help you stop this endless cycle, we help you through marijuana detox. By flushing out all the toxins and residual THC off your body, you can start the process of addiction recovery.
However, we also want to highlight that detox is only the first step toward recovery. And as they say, taking the first step is always the hardest with almost everything that you do. But with your commitment and our expert guidance, you can successfully finish the detox program.
How Long Does it Take to Detox from Marijuana?
Most of our clients take around 30 to 45 days to finish the detox program, which is the average time it takes THC to exit your system completely. However, this may be longer, depending on your metabolism, level of use, and overall health.
During this period, we help you manage cravings and withdrawal symptoms. Our clinicians will also help you deal with irritability, mood swings, appetite changes, and insomnia.
While these symptoms can be debilitating, it’s just a temporary phase of your drug cleanse. Also, these symptoms are the reasons why you should never attempt DIY detox.
DIY detox isn’t just difficult; it can also be very dangerous. You need 24/7 supervision like what we provide to ensure that you’ll get immediate medical attention should untoward scenarios occur.
At LA Wellness Home, we always provide an individualized approach to THC detox. Also, we let your level of commitment be the basis of how long your program will be. For us, our clients’ self-determination is a crucial part of their recovery.
How to detox marijuana out of your system
Knowing how to detox the body from marijuana starts with the right plan. So here at LA Wellness Home, we observe a holistic approach for every client who comes to us for help.
With that, here’s a quick preview of how our marijuana detox works should you decide to trust us:
1. Commitment to Change
2. Talk to a specialist
Once you’re ready to commit, the next step is to contact a specialist like LA Wellness Home. During our admissions process, we will get to know more about your history, health condition, and other matters that involve your recovery. By doing this, we can create a personalized detox plan that suits your needs and level of commitment.
3. Gradual Reduction
Going ‘cold turkey’ is NEVER the way to go if you want to quit marijuana use. We recommend that you gradually reduce your marijuana consumption before signing up for a detox program. This way, your system can slowly adjust to the absence of the substance little by little. Overall, gradual reduction before a detox can help you transition to recovery more smoothly.
4. Create a Supportive Environment
At LA Wellness Home, we provide a structured and supportive environment during your detox. You’ll be away from your triggers, allowing you to focus on developing positive coping mechanisms and managing withdrawal symptoms.
5. Adopt positive coping strategies
During your stay with us, our licensed addiction specialists will help you develop positive mechanisms to prevent relapse. We provide you with nurturing activities, a structured routine, and alternative ways to relax without turning back to marijuana.
6. Utilize therapy and related strategies
As part of your detox process, we also provide group and individual therapy to help you address underlying issues contributing to your addiction. Our group facilitators and counselors will ensure that you’re headed to long-term recovery.
7. Address co-occurring disorders
More often than not, marijuana addiction is often rooted in certain mental health issues. This is why at LA Wellness Home, we perform dual-diagnosis to ensure that underlying mental health problems will be diagnosed and treated. We believe that this is the only effective way to achieve a successful marijuana detox.
8. Create a Relapse Prevention Plan
Our job is not done once you finish your detox program. We also prepare a discharge plan to ensure that you’ll re-integrate back into your normal life without relapsing. With the help of our team, we will provide you with strategies to avoid triggers and manage your cravings. This way, you’re less likely to go back to marijuana use after your treatment.
Finding the Right Marijuana Detox Center
Aside from committing to change, you also have to find the right detox center that suits your needs. It’s best to choose a facility that provides comprehensive recovery services like LA Wellness Home.
To help you, here are some of the points you should consider:
- Accreditation and Licenses. You should only trust a detox center with the right accreditation and licenses. For example, here at LA Wellness Home, we are accredited by the Department of Health Care Services and The Joint Commission. These certifications ensure that we adhere to the best standards of quality care.
- Medical Supervision. When undergoing detox, we recommend a center with 24/7 supervision. This way, you’ll get help in managing your withdrawal process and the symptoms it comes with. Aside from that, make sure that the center’s specialists are licensed and experienced with marijuana detox.
- Individualized Treatment Plans. There’s no one-size-fits-all plan when it comes to marijuana addiction recovery. This is why you should always look for a clinic that personalizes their treatment plan for each client. Here at LA Wellness Home, we ensure an individualized process, starting from our admissions up to our discharge planning.
- Holistic Approach. A holistic approach not only includes the physical process of detoxification but also addresses the psychological and emotional impact of addiction. With this, you should look for a detox center that incorporates therapy, counseling, education, and other methods in their programs.
- Aftercare Support. A successful detox is just the start of your recovery. It’s always best to find a detox center that can provide you with aftercare support like relapse prevention strategies, regular meetings, or even outpatient programs. This way, you can maintain your sobriety after finishing the treatment.
- Insurance Coverage. You should consider a detox center that works with most major insurance providers. This way, you can get as much of your treatment covered as possible.
Why Choose LA Wellness Home for Your Marijuana Detox?
At LA Wellness Home, we know that marijuana addiction can cause serious consequences. If not addressed right away, it can cause strained relationships, financial problems, and even health issues.
This is why we offer a holistic detoxification program to help you get your life back. Ever since we opened our doors to clients, we’ve helped dozens of people turn their lives around. Here’s why people like you trust our care:
- Licensed Addiction Specialists. With our help, you’ll get a team of licensed MDs, LMFTs, NPs, RADTs, and more to supervise your treatment. We guarantee that you’ll receive the best care throughout your stay.
- Complimentary Travel Arrangements. Wherever you are in the United States, we will arrange your flight and bring you to our center for free. For us, distance should never be a hindrance to getting the help you need.
- 24/7 Supervision. Throughout your detox, our clinical team will be by your side. We provide round-the-clock supervision in our residential facility to ensure that you’ll have the best care as you get through withdrawal symptoms.
- Luxurious Inpatient Facilities. With our facilities, you can recover in style. We take pride in our cozy and home-like facility where you can focus on recovery.
- Engaging Activities. We care about the well-being of our clients that’s why we pair our treatment with Sunday outings, yoga, and other fun activities. We believe that recreation is also a crucial part of your recovery experience.
- Delicious & Nutritious Meals. We have an in-house chef who will prepare your delicious meals during your stay with us. At LA Wellness Home, we know that proper nutrition is an indispensable part of recovery.
Let’s Start Your Journey to Recovery
With LA Wellness Home, it’s never too late to recover from marijuana addiction. With the help of our detox from marijuana, you can feel like yourself again and regain control of your life.
Rest assured that our team will provide you with compassionate care coupled with the right medical approach. Our goal is for you to have a strong resolve, hope, and commitment to long-term recovery after your stay.
If you’re ready to change your life, contact us at LA Wellness Home, and our specialists will be ready to help 24/7.